Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm On a Bus...

It’s 10:32 AM, 8/3, and I’m riding on a bus that goes through Burgos, where I will be getting off. From there, I will somehow get to a small village about 45 minutes away where the music camp is. I’m traveling with Pancho and am thankful that I don’t need to be doing this alone because I wouldn’t be able to understand half of what is going on without him. Thanks, Pancho! :)
Last night I skyped with my family. It was about 7:00 PM for them while I was stuck unable to fall asleep at 2:30 AM. Yikes! But it was still nice to talk to them. I was a little homesick due to lack of sleep and seeing my family. Because of the time change, it is almost as if I skipped 7 hours of my life. Even though when I return to Madison it will be undone, it is still weird.
Last night, so as to wake up on time, I set my phone’s alarm clock to 7:30 AM and my iPod’s alarm to 7:45. I turned off both alarms and promptly fell back asleep. This will not be a surprise to my parents. :) I finally got out of bed at 8:12 AM or so… maybe it was more like 8:21… haha. But I did get out of bed, and that is the most important thing… :/
Lines needed to leave for work, so I was home alone for a while. It was nice because I didn’t need to think about paying attention to Spanish and trying not to die. Ha! Lines came back with Pancho, who had just gotten off the plane (Pancho lives in Madison but is originally from Mexico and works at the camp. I know him through Raquel), and said that it was “time to go.” With that, my luggage already packed, we left her apartment to meet Pancho downstairs and then left for the station.
To tell you the truth, I was looking forward to the possibility of taking a train to Burgos, but I suppose it is more cost efficient and realistic to take a bus. But, then again, I have never been on a travel bus in Spain before, so … cool! :)
So… to conclude this post, I am now on a bus to Burgos. I am planning on taking a nap so as to be fully awake when I arrive at the camp and see Raquel! :)
It is around 4:00 AM in Madison right now, so get some sleep and I plan to post again soon.

Hasta luego,
maya

No comments:

Post a Comment