Monday, August 15, 2011

Fate

You know what “gets” me? The fact that when I’m on a vacation or a trip or somewhere that is not in Madison, I meet people (not that I don’t meet people in Madison…) and become friends with them (if I want to—and if they want to)… and then there is the time when I leave and will probably never see them again. THAT is what “gets” me! Here in La Gunilla (it’s spelled La Gunilla… not La Unilla… haha), people come and go because most of the population lives in either Salamanca or Madrid (mostly Salamanca). Two people, who became my friends, inspired this blog post. Last night we were out listening to music at a concert and having lots of fun and then one of them (the one who was FLUENT in English… SCORE!) told me that it was his friends last night in La Gunilla and also his last night here. I sort of melted a little with sadness because why would our paths ever cross again? It wouldn’t make sense! How many times am I going to be able to travel to Spain? What are the odds that we will be walking the same path while I am in Spain (if I should ever return)? What are the odds that either of them will travel to the U.S.? AND what are the odds that we’ll be walking the same paths then? Let me tell you… IT IS VERY UNLIKELY! :(
So… The sad part is, I went away for about 5-10 minutes and they must’ve thought that I had left to go home… I came back and I couldn’t find them anywhere… :( One of them said that they were leaving after lunch. Lunch usually starts at around 2:30 or so. It is 4:40 on Monday, August 15 and that is that. *sigh*… I didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye. :(
The second day in La Gunilla, I woke up at 11:45 AM. I was embarrassed. The third day in La Gunilla, I woke up at 1:45 PM. I was humiliated. The fourth day, today, I woke up at 12:40 PM. I was not embarrassed. At least it hadn’t been 1:00… THEN I would’ve been embarrassed. :/ But keep in mind, everyone has been getting up at that time. We’ve all been going to sleep at 6:30-7:30 AM every night. To give you an idea, NOTHING happens during the day during the fiesta. It ALL happens at night. ALL of it.
I think I’m going to take my siesta now. I’m getting so used to the Spain schedule… I don’t know how I’m going to adjust… :)
Have a fantastic day! Tootles :)

maya

No comments:

Post a Comment